Boys at the beach

Boys at the beach

Friday, January 27, 2012

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}

A day late and a dollar short, I'm sure, but here is this week's PHFR.



{Pretty}

This girl:

{Happy}

Spending a little one-on-one time with the sweetest boy in the world, while the babies are both napping at the same time!




Also, cooking with cast iron.  This makes me really happy!  I've been wanting to do it for ages, but was a not exactly clear on the whole seasoning and cleaning and caring for the pan.  Turns out, just leaving it on the stove and using it pretty much any time you need a pan works pretty well.



{Funny}

A self-portrait of Bluejay, discovered when downloading my camera's memory card for this post.



{Real}

I don't have a picture for this one, but this week's real is that the husband and I went on a date tonight!  An actual, real date, yes sir.  It was very nice, relaxing, quiet, fun.  Just what we needed.  You would never have known it was a Friday night, although granted, we arrived at the restaurant at the hopping hour of 6 pm.  Husband was a bit under the weather and I was just starting to think that perhaps rather than go out we should park the van somewhere and take a long nap, but we braved our tiredness and it was so worth it.  We even spent a few minutes in a used bookstore after dinner, browsing for wonderful children's books.  

Ok, so just a quick pop up onto one of my soapboxes:  There are SO MANY wonderful, timeless children's books that are out of print now, and yet you can find myriads of mediocre, humdrum, even really quite bad children's books coming out every year.  What is the deal?  Why can't some publisher read the Amazon reviews of some of these delightful books, and find a way to get them back into print?  I am so incredibly grateful for the children's library my parents amassed and held onto, so that I can still share these stories with my babes.  And, I'm done.  For now.  We need to go finish our date with some dessert, tea, and maybe a little Netflix.

Wish I could have met up with the lovely ladies of LMLD this week like one of my favorite bloggers.  :-) 



round button chicken

3 comments:

  1. We made the switch to cast iron a few years ago, and now that my arm has gotten used to the weight of the pan, I really enjoy it! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to EAT those children!!! Feistygirl is counting down the days. Every day. Several times a day. With precision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are too! We can't wait. Good thing Feistygirl is here to keep us all on track.

    ReplyDelete