Boys at the beach

Boys at the beach

Thursday, January 19, 2012

My first {Pretty Happy Funny Real}

http://ourmothersdaughters.blogspot.com/2012/01/pretty-happy-funny-real.html

I am loving all these "firsts".  I've been reading LMLD's PHFR for ages, and that's how I got introduced to so many of my favorite blogs.  First a disclaimer:  I am NOT the photographer in the house, that is the wonderful husband. But, I'm slowly learning.  So here goes:


{Pretty}

My mom gave me all these old table runners, doilies and various other cloths that she's had forever.  Some were made by my grandmothers.  I was going to give them all away, but they were pressed so nicely and placed in tissue paper.  Before Christmas, I felt like the house was a bit blah.  So, I started putting them out in a few places.  Wonderfully, this has encouraged me to keep piles from forming on said places.  One of my favorites is the baby's dresser.



{Happy}


It started raining!  I love the rain and we have gone a long long time without it.  Hopefully this is just the start of the storm.




{Funny}

As soon as you create a little order out of the chaos, that place becomes the most desirable place to play!  Once, my sister and I straightened up the pantry in my mom's house.  It really did look pretty.  And sure enough, I found my little brother hanging out in there.  Current case in point - Aaron and I just organized all of the baby books and the toddler books, and put them neatly on the shelves.  Here it is a few hours later:



{Real}

The baby has the stomach flu.  This is the second time in a month!  Poor little Chickadee.  I can't stand it when my little ones are sick.  Hopefully Bluejay doesn't catch it.










round button chicken

5 comments:

  1. I love the dresser scarf. It is so cute. I hope you little one feels better soon.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first {phfr} post! May it be the first of many!
    I hope the baby is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your blogging career. You're off to a good start!
    Nice idea with the dresser scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is beautiful! I'm so glad I popped over. :) Hoping that little cutie pie of yours feels better ASAP. And hoping the rest of you don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations with your new blog and writing dear Anastasia. I hope your little Chickadee is feeling better! I truly enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete