Boys at the beach

Boys at the beach

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day (I know, it was yesterday)

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite (secular) holidays.  And not because I'm one of those mushy romantic types.  In fact, my husband has spent the last eight years trying to bring out a little romance in me.  Rather, it's because nothing makes me happier than red and pink and hearts and roses.  I don't know what it is about them, but the whole combination just makes me giddy.  So even though my younglings are a bit too young to really appreciate it, they woke up to this table...



 ...and heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast.  Yum.  The tulips were a fortuitously colored gift from a friend this weekend, after we threw a baby-shower for her.  I LOVE tulips. They are my most favorite flower.  I planted some bulbs this past fall, and I'm really really really hoping they bloom, only not while we're on the East Coast, I don't want to miss them.


We had a nice Valentine's Day dinner too, but didn't make it to dessert, so we got to stretch it out by a day, and had yummy chocolate lava cakes with strawberries after dinner tonight.  They were from Trader Joe's, I didn't make them.  I did cut up the strawberries, though. Phew, that was a lot of work!  


At any rate, a belated Happy St. Valentine's Day to you all!




1 comment: