Boys at the beach

Boys at the beach

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Homeschooling - Week 2

September 8 - 11

Monday ~

Feast of the Nativity of the Theotokos.  We went to Liturgy, wore blue and talked about the feast.

Play National Parks memory game.  Talk about the parks.  Letter recognition - both children spelled out the names of the parks to me as they turned over cards.  Chickadee blew me away - I didn't know she had site recognition of ALL the letters.  This was their idea.

Tuesday ~

Prayers and circle time

Read the first part of The Ugly Duckling (Hans Christian Andersen) - to be used for Z and D.

Drawing - free drawing with block crayons.  They both drew apple trees.

We went very slow this day.  Chickadee and Sparrow were not feeling well and had been up a lot the night before (and of course I had too).  We took long breaks to play outside and eat food.


Wednesday ~

Prayers and circle time

Read the rest of The Ugly Duckling.  Kindergarteneer - Drew a picture of the duckling zig-zagging in a Z shape across the freezing pond.  Talked about Zig-Zagging and froZen. Talked about how Z has straight lines and sharp corners.  Wrote lots of Zs.  Three-year-old had plenty of z words up her sleeve, she's tricky like that.

Played outside, baseball, climbing, wacking things with sticks.  Bluejay had a lot of strength to get out.  Some buckets were broken.  Sparrow climbed very high and made me nervous but I didn't intervene.

Prayers.

Thursday ~

Prayers and circle time

Talked about the quality of the number Two.  Opposites.  Boy and girl.  Daytime and nighttime.  Sun and moon.  Land and sea.  Mama and Daddy. Kindergartener - Drew a picture of the sun and the moon.  Wrote the number 2.  Two has two shapes - a curve and a straight line.  Practiced writing two.

Three-year-old - drew a picture of an elephant in a nest.  

While Bluejay finished his drawing and colored in all the white space, Chickadee, Sparrow and I did dishes.  Chickadee helped wash.  Sparrow sat on the counter and rearranged everything we put in the dish-rack.

Homeschool group music class and picnic!!!





2 comments:

  1. I would love to be in your school! I've never really thought about the qualities of the number two...Glad that I can read these notes that remind me so much of the kind of record-keeping I used to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gretchen! I really appreciate your encouragement. This is pretty much all the record keeping I'm doing, at least for this first little year. And Bluejay's and my workbooks, of course.

      Delete