Boys at the beach

Boys at the beach

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August Daybook

Outside my window... Quiet, pleasant evening.  I love this kind of weather.  

I am wearing... Green sweatpants and a plum colored striped shirt.  It's not pretty, but the day is over.

I am thankful for... Those moments when God grants me a little bit more patience, after I thought I was at the bottom of the patience barrel.

I am thinking about... The wisest ways to spend my very limited and precious alone time.

Learning all the time... I am learning to keep things going in a more minimal way, while I have little ones in the house.

From the kitchen... I made up a vegetarian(ish) version of stroganoff.  It wasn't entirely fasting, but everyone seemed happy with it. 

I am creating... a bag crocheted out of other plastic bags.  I got the idea from Matushka Anna.  It's fun and easy, the most time consuming part is making the plarn.

I am working on... Patience, as mentioned above, also acceptance of what I can and can't accomplish with little ones in the house. I've spent too much time already thinking that I just need to get the hang of this having toddlers thing and then I'll be able to do x, y or z on a regular basis (usually housekeeping items).   

I am going... To spend a little time working at my old office.  I think it will be good for me.

I am hoping... To have a little time by myself, and a little time with my husband to actually have a conversation.

I am reading... Nothing at the moment, but a friend just lent me a book, and I'm hopeful it will be good.  If it is, I'll post the title later.

I am praying for... The same intentions as last time: little Samuel in the NICU; my friend Alan who has brain cancer; my brother in Afghanistan. Also for my mother-in-law, and for acquiring a spirit of peace.

I am hearing... The sprinklers running in the yard, my husband putting away silverware and the children chattering away to him. 

One of my favorite things... Chats on the phone with my sister-in-law.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Heading into the office for a few hours on Thursday.  Not much else on the horizon this week.

A few picture thoughts I am sharing with you... Just for fun, here are a couple of pictures from 2005, when we were living in Michigan and were still newlyweds.

I miss these girls.  We worked hard together and managed to have fun doing it.

Awwww.  Look how young we are.










3 comments:

  1. Oooh, your bag project sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my first into to the plastic bag craft, and I found that "plarn" is not yet an entry in dictionary.com, but there are of course YouTube videos on making it. Now I wish that I had not recycled thousands of holey plastic bags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag project sounds so creative and a great way to recycle those plastic bags! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete